Sunday 26 May 2013

A birthday .....

Minimini1 celebrated her 3rd birthday today and before the house came to life with all three mini1's i reflected on that very special day at 6am 3 years ago, abd it was lovely doing so.
Thankfully I can look back with great pleasure and fondness and feel very lucky to have had a perfectly healthy baby, a fast, successful home-birth followed by the cheery meeting and greeting from big sister whilst I enjoyed tea and toast in my own bed.
Today was similar and different...
the sun shone just like it had 3 years ago,
we as a family were altogether, happy and well, we laughed, blew bubbles, ate cake and played with the additional little brother, rolled down grassy banks and had a wonderful day. 
I look forward to the years ahead and cherish those that are whizzing by. All three of our children are wonderful in so many and such different ways but the happiness they give us and enjoyment they bring makes me feel incredibly lucky and fortunate and I will have this and more for years ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment