Saturday 26 May 2012

A cake for you....Happy 2nd BIrthday Boo x

At 6.30am I looked at Mr Lovely and said '2 years ago Boo was just half an hour old' we recapped bits of that morning. As well as holding Boo the additional highlight after a speedy home birth (about 1 hour - yes they can be quick but that's another post!) were sitting in bed with Boo beside me and mini1 taking her first peek at her baby sisiter with a cuppa tea and slice of raspberry jam on toast that dad to two beautiful girls had just done for me. I had the same breakfast today too but it was not in bed!
So on the topic of food I had not arranged a birthday cake, I had ingredients but no actual cake. Party was due to start at 2.30pm so I had around 4 hours. Now I love being in the kitchen rustling up delights or baking biscuits with the mini's but honestly when it comes to birthday cakes My Lovely has always taken it upon himself and done a super fine job too, but that was not happening today as he was at the practice busy. So what did I do?




and Boo went "WOW"
There was a jolly spotty number two candle on the top too but in the excitement it got whipped off, maybe it was thought to be a big sweetie.
Cake was enjoyed by all and girls are now sleeping on yummy full tummies having happy dreams of  "an amazing day" (mini1's words) with family, friends, new shiny bikes (another post), dogs; real and not, and lots of bouncing!

No comments:

Post a Comment