Sunday 20 May 2012

old home new home

When planning the reluctant (i was the reluctant one) move out of the big smoke there were a few boxes that had to be ticked. Our London home was like many others there, semi detached, Victorian, black wrought iron railing out the front, small but adequate garden, wooden sash windows, high ceilings, wooden floors, fireplaces (out of use but decorative) and on road parking!
For some folk some points on that list would be a no no, I can hear tutting at the thought of having to park your car several doors away (or on occasion streets), original sash windows; drafty and noisy may not appeal either and all those bare floors. Well to me most of those things were on my list of what I wanted to have in our next home. My list was period with features but not over the top, original windows, high ceilings, fireplaces (working downstairs please), as we were moving out of the smoke I added some things I'd not had before but thought it was a given as we would no longer be London based and they were; off road parking, big garden for great parties and animals if we so wished, in house studio and storage and a stand alone bath. I didn't think all my boxes would be ticked but they were. Not necessarily to our taste or in the right place but with mr loveliness working so hard and men on site we have a year later got there.
With the dust settled, little lovlies in their sweet rooms, (our room still pending!) a pet dog and another mini1 on the way I feel ready to start the blog I planned a year ago. Back then I would have been adding contacts and reviews for the best bath taps, wall colours and how do I use an aga sagas but that part is behind me if any one would like to know those things though please ask, Instead I feel the new baby will have a big input, products, twinges, the birth (hopefully super quick like the others) and sleepless nights!


The old neighbourhood which i now have up on the wall rather than around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment